SHARE GOD'S BOUNTY
THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE
Each year, St. Laurence parishioners are asked to provide a turkey and "the fixin's" for a complete Thanksgiving dinner for approximately 700 needy families in our community. In addition, we provide 100 meals for Queen of Peace — our sister parish . Thank you for your generosity.
The Share God's Bounty (SGB) schedule is as follows:
- Tag line for Meal Tags: Oct 29/30 and Nov 5/6 after all Masses
- Meal distribution: Saturday, Nov 19th, at the St. Laurence School building
If you miss the tag lines at Mass, the following is the list of items needed:
(1) Frozen Turkey (no more than 18 lbs.)
( Do NOT thaw the turkey - KEEP FROZEN ! )
(1) Can Cranberry Sauce
(2) Cans Corn
(2) Cans Green Beans
(1) Large or (3) Small Cans Sweet Potatoes
(1) Box Stuffing Mix
(1) Box Mashed Potatoes
(2) Packages of Dry or Canned Gravy Mix
(2) Boxes of Macaroni & Cheese
(1) Box of Cookie or Brownie Mix
Please purchase all of the items listed above and deliver them to:
The St. Laurence Catholic School Parking Lot Nov 19th
the Saturday before Thanksgiving between 8:00am and 10:00am
(Meal recipients will be arriving at 11:00am)
We also provide families with a "Pantry Pack" of items to help restock their pantries
for the holidays. The following is a list of items we are collecting:
Canned Pasta (Spaghetti-O's, ravioli, etc.)
1lb Bag of Rice & 1lb Bag of Dried Beans
Jelly (plastic jars only)
These items can be dropped at the parish or Social Concerns office any time before
the SGB Saturday distribution. Mark bag(s) SGB-Pantry Packs
Want to make a monetary donation for Share God's Bounty? If so, make checks
payable to: St. Laurence with SGB in the memo section. Donations can be dropped in the collection
basket at Mass in an envelope marked Social Concerns or mailed to:
St. Laurence Social Concerns
Share God's Bounty
3100 Sweetwater Blvd.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
May God bless each of you abundantly this year!
Want to volunteer this year?
- SIGN UPS BEGIN MONDAY OCT 31st, 9am
- Visit the SIGN UP GENIUS website at www.signupgenius.com
- Click on “Find a Sign Up” (top right in very small print!)
- Click on “Search by Email”.
- Type in firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find an area of interest and sign up!