We ask that you sign up to work through SignUp Genius every time you plan to work. Every volunteer will need to fill out a waiver the first time they come this year. You may print it and bring it with you or fill out a copy of the waiver that is available at the work site. If the volunteer is 16 or 17 years old, the waiver must be signed by a parent.
The 2016 St. Laurence Habitat for Humanity Build is located at 905 Fields Street in Richmond. We have 2 shifts, morning and afternoon, or you are welcome to work all day if that fits your schedule. We plan to build every Saturday until we complete this home. An email will be sent to all those on our contact list with details for the next week's work.
Directions to the Build
The address to the house is 905 Fields St, Richmond, TX 77469.
Take ALT 90 west into Richmond.
Turn Right onto 10th St.
Please park at in the filed located behind Mt. Carmel Missionary Baptist Church Administration Building located on Ferry Street.
After parking, cross 10th Street and walk down Fields Street to the worksite, 905 Fields Street.
Please watch for traffic while crossing 10th St.
Things you need to know
1. We ask that you schedule through SignUp Genius rather than just show up. This is helpful to assure we have enough builders to get our tasks completed and to avoid having too many people resulting in a less than enjoyable work day for you and others. Also if you schedule and then cannot make it please be kind enough to cancel through the SignUp Genius link so we know you cannot make it. Please sign up when you can share a half day or more with us.
2. No need to bring tools. We have gloves, eye protection and hand tools on site. You need to wear closed-toe shoes, and any other personal need. It’s a work site so the surface can be uneven and we are working with tools.
3. The Waiver-of-Liability link is above. All 2015 volunteers must complete this before being allowed to work on the site. You can print and complete this form now and bring with you to the site, or there will be forms to complete that day if you prefer that.
4. We will provide a morning snack, lunch and water on site. If you are interested in helping with providing food please contact Lawerance Perreau, a member of our ministry board. Lawerance can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 832-525-8717.
5. We work beside the family and with your fellow parishioners and occasionally other community volunteers. It is a rewarding enjoyable experience. You must be at least 16 to volunteer and 18 to handle any power tools. We have excellent volunteer supervisors and we will organize the daily tasks into small teams coordinated by the supervisors to assure quality, safety and consistency. Fun is the side benefit and in the end we are all doing what Jesus asked us to do for our neighbors.