We ask that you sign up to work through SignUp Genius every time you plan to work. Every volunteer will need to fill out a waiver the first time they come this year. You may print it and bring it with you or fill out a copy of the waiver that is available at the work site. If the volunteer is 16 or 17 years old, the waiver must be signed by a parent.
The time to start the build on Shannon Risner’s home to be built at 418 Collins Road in Richmond is upon us. Weather permitting we will start with day one the building of the frame on Saturday morning at 8 on April 11. We have 2 shifts, morning and afternoon, or you are welcome to work all day if that fits your schedule. We plan to build every Saturday until we complete this home. We anticipate that will take about 11 work days. An email will be sent to all those on our contact list with details for the next week's work.
The Risner family consists of the mother, Shannon, and her six children ages 4 to 15.We will build a five bedroom home to accomodate them. This deserving family is currently living is a small substandard 2 bedroom apartment and feel so blessed to have this opportunity for a hand up into becoming a homeowner through the gift of our love in serving Jesus.
Directions to the Build ( There will be signs for Parking)
The address to the house is 418 Collins, Richmond, TX 77469.
Take ALT 90 west into Richmond.
Turn Right onto FM 3155/Collins Rd. which is traffic light across from Oak Bend Hospital. There is a Walgreens on the corner.
The build site will be about ¾ mile down FM 3155/Collins Rd. on your right on the corner of Maiden Lane next to last year’s homes.
Things you need to know
1. We ask that you schedule through SignUp Genius rather than just show up. This is helpful to assure we have enough builders to get our tasks completed and to avoid having too many people resulting in a less than enjoyable work day for you and others. Also if you schedule and then cannot make it please be kind enough to cancel through the SignUp Genius link so we know you cannot make it. Please sign up when you can share a half day or more with us.
2. No need to bring tools. We have gloves, eye protection and hand tools on site. You need to wear closed-toe shoes, and any other personal need. It’s a work site so the surface can be uneven and we are working with tools.
3. The Waiver-of-Liability link is above. All 2015 volunteers must complete this before being allowed to work on the site. You can print and complete this form now and bring with you to the site, or there will be forms to complete that day if you prefer that.
4. We will provide a morning snack, lunch and water on site. If you are interested in helping with providing food please contact Lawerance Perreau, a member of our ministry board. Lawerance can be contacted at email@example.com or by phone at 832-525-8717.
5. We work beside the family and with your fellow parishioners and occasionally other community volunteers. It is a rewarding enjoyable experience. You must be at least 16 to volunteer and 18 to handle any power tools. We have excellent volunteer supervisors and we will organize the daily tasks into small teams coordinated by the supervisors to assure quality, safety and consistency. Fun is the side benefit and in the end we are all doing what Jesus asked us to do for our neighbors.