Infant Baptism is for children from birth up until 7 years old. All children 7 years of age and older who have not been baptized will receive their sacraments through the
Rite of Christian Initiation
, adapted for children.
The Sacrament of Baptism is held the first, second, and third Sunday of each month at 2:00 pm. Call Rose Davis in the Parish Office at 281-980-9812, to schedule the celebration of the sacrament of Baptism.
1. I am in the office part time. Therefore it is very important that if you call and miss me, you leave a voicemail message for me. Otherwise I will not know that you called. Allow 24 hours for a return call.
2. This is a large parish, and we are booking baptisms up to 2 months in advanced for our next available dates, so please plan ahead.
Baptism Requirements for St. Laurence
There are 3 requirements to get your baby baptized at St. Laurence.
1. You must take, or have taken, a Baptism Class in the last 5 years. (make arrangements for a babysitter as we do not provide babysitting services).
2. You need to complete a Baptism Registration Form.
3. We need a copy of the baby's official Birth Certificate, or the Verification of Facts.
Who Can Be a Godparent
Preferably both, but least one of the godparents needs to be a practicing Catholic that has been Confirmed, (if married, they must have been married in the Catholic Church, or in a marriage recognized by the Catholic Church).
Preparation class is required for the parents of children to be baptized. It is optional for the Godparents at St. Laurence. Parents are formed in the theology and significance of the baptismal liturgy. The role of parents, godparents and family in the formation of these children is of the utmost importance to the Church.
The baptism class also includes preparation for the actual ceremony, and a review of what will be required of parents and godparents.
Baptism classes are held once a month from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Call Rose Davis in the church office at 281-980-9812 to register for the class. Godparents are welcomed to attend, but not required for a baptism at St. Laurence.
The next scheduled classes are:
No Class in December
January 9th - Parish Hall
February 13th - Parish Hall
March 12th - Parish Hall
April 9th - Parish Hall
May 14th - Parish Hall
June 11th - Parish Hall
YOU MUST BE A REGISTRED PARISHIONER, and have a SERIOUS REASON, to schedule an individual baptism. (281)980-9812.
ARE YOU AN ADULT SEEKING TO ENTER THE CATHOLIC CHURCH?